Thursday, January 14, 2010

Packaging


I am an enthusiastic etsy customer and seller.  I purchase almost all of my supplies from vendors on etsy, and I am proud to have made pretty good sales from my shop there. 

One of the things that distinguishes etsy from other online vendors, like ebay, is that etsy artists are just that - artists.  We sell on etsy because we care about craftsmanship.  Most of our stock  is OOAK, handmade, and completely unique. 

Recently I've purchased supplies from etsy.com vendors, and I have been happy with the quality, but very unimpressed with the packaging.  I think that one of the things that separates etsy from ebay is that etsy artists care about presentation.  Etsy sellers know their customers choose to shop there because they want a unique experience.  Buyers on etsy don't want a Walmart, discount shop kind of transaction. 

The first time I purchased something from an etsy seller, it came in a beautiful, wrapped package with ribbon and a handwritten order confirmation.  I felt like I was receiving a present from an old friend! 

Usually my packages go out with a handmade card with a hand-written thank you.  I always include tissue paper instead of bubble wrap, and I always use nice ribbon. 

As a tribute to nicely packed packages, I created this set in my flickr.com page and joined a whole group just dedicated to creative packaging! 

No comments:

Post a Comment