Thursday, October 22, 2009

Preparations and musings

In working on getting ready for the event this weekend, I'm using some spare time at work to create a flier about myself and my business.  Ultimately, I want it to communicate the preciousness of my work to me... hoping that when people read it, they will understand the inherent value in my pieces. 

I have to admit that I feel a little nervous about vending this weekend.  What if nothing sells?  What if other vendors have similar wares to mine?  What if... what if... what...

Then I remember why I got started doing this in the first place.  I LOVE every single one of my pieces.  I really love to make them.  I spend a lot of money, time, and effort making them, and I do it knowing I may never be compensated fully for the effort.  I suppose my fascinator art is the same as my dance - ultimately, I do it because I just love it. 

I made the rule for myself that every single one of my fascinators should be something that I'd wear myself - so if it never sells, I won't feel the slightest regret keeping it myself.  I would have to say that this is pretty much true! 

Well... off to work on my artist's statement...Here is a new piece I made last night to bring to the festival this weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment