Thursday, October 22, 2009

Artist's Statement

Well, I worked on writing it, and although I'm sure it will not be the FINAL draft (think of all the editions of Walt Whitman's Leaves of Grass!), this is an introduction...

Welcome to My Souk!

"Souk is Arabic for "Marketplace"

Art - whether danced, sewn, painted, written, knitted, or drawn - is our effort to communicate our fundamental beliefs about the world.

In my art, I want to celebrate the elegant strength of the feminine spirit.

I have a strong love for the frivolously beautiful and the whimsically formed.  I love to find splendor in the unconventional, the everyday, the natural world. 

My Art - hand crafting and dancing - embodies a sense of freedom, vivacity, and wonder that I want to commemorate in all of us.

- Ayperi

No comments:

Post a Comment